Thursday, April 28, 2011

Pouring the Foundation

This is the long-awaited "Cement Day"!!! So happy to see this guy I could have kissed him!!


My punks were less than thrilled to be up early on their Easter Vacation. (Josh was actually in quite the foul mood - can't you tell?) But they came around after getting to witness all the action.


This is the full-scope view of the action as it happened. There is a guy out there lugging a heavy hose and just pouring out the wet cement. Sure looked like a fun/messy/tiring job!


Joshy thought he'd like to be in charge of the hose.


Mr. Mike (our beloved contractor-house guru) leading his crew. They were working fast to smooth things out ................. hard work!

You might have to double click the photo to see the guy with the long float. He waved at me and yelled a teasing "No pictures pleeeze!" with a smile! Sorry Mister! That's just not possible for this girl - I'm way too excited about this project to not document each and every step!


Isn't this the most beautiful cement you've ever seen in your life?! I can't help it people! I am loving this!!

1 comment:

Jo-Anne said...

Absolutely beautiful! So excited for you guys. =)