Thursday, April 28, 2011

Easter 2011

Time for finding the Easter baskets after Sunday School.....the E.B. went a bit light this year and didn't get as detailed and involved as usual. (To be honest, I think good ole E.B. wasn't really in the Easter-Holiday mood. )

My beautiful Jessalyn!

Joshy was pretty happy to find some malt balls in his basket. Actually, I think he was pretty thrilled that he was getting any candy at all!

Zachers was a bit overwhelmed and wanted to open each piece of candy and eat it all at the same time. His face had chocolate on it all day long.

We had a fun day filled with family!! Here is Nana holding Baby David and Hanne was such a sweet helper. She loves babies! I had to get my "Baby Fix" and smush up on all the chubber cheeks as much as I could! I'm sure those poor kiddos were wondering "Who is this crazed lady?!" by the end of the day.

Miss Hanne was such a great "teacher" and conducted a special circle time for Sadie and Zach. They were singing and dancing and telling stories. Us mommies were spying from the game room and loving each moment of it!

Zachers and Sadie spent a lot of time hanging out together too. I tried to get lots of pics of them together but those kids are quick. Plus, I didn't want to interrupt their special bonding moments.
This is actually a "Before" shot of the dessert counter. People had just started to arrive and place their goodies out. So picture this and then multiply by five. I ate so much I could feel the chocolate flowing through my veins in pure syrup form.

This is the amazing cupcake creation that Auntie Charlene brought......I love the polka dots and my boys were nuts over the cupcakes!

We had nice weather this year (last year it rained) so we had to do the outdoor egg hunt. Jessa helped Zachers and he did pretty well finding some eggs on his own. Amazing how fast kids pick up on a new game when there is candy involved.

Joshy did really well - and they say that pride goes before the fall....................

and so he fell!! That kid! He laughed at himself and yelled for everyone to look at what a mess he made. Then someone yelled out "Hey FREE CANDY!" and the group started to rush towards him. His face went from laughter to confusion to understanding that his candy was going to be GRABBED BY PUNK COUSINS! He then went from fear to the edge of tears and at that point Uncle Garrett hugged him and reassured him that it was a joke and everyone was going to help him pick up his candy. Poor kid sucked back the tears before they could fall and took a deep breath. Gosh, Easter egg hunts can get rough!

Sadie was helping him pick up his lost eggs. What a sweetie!

And I noticed even the cool uncles had to hunt some eggs. Amazing what cash prizes will entice grown ups to do, huh?

Ryder had his first taste of dirt! We all thought it was chocolate at first....but he didn't seem too upset about it. Such a funny kid!


This looks like Uncle Doug telling the boys how to climb the rope...and Papa Erick looks like he's going to be the first to demonstrate! Not sure what was really being said here - but I bet my version is funnier than the real thing!

Joshy and Case making sure that all the eggs had been found.

Uncle Gavin holding Zachers.........just cause I thought this was such a great shot!
Hope everyone had a great Easter Sunday! Happy Spring, Y'all!


1 comment:

Jo-Anne said...

Wow! That looks like a busy day (once I actually got by drooling over all the deserts lol). Hope you had a happy Easter.