Since that night, the alarm will arm itself randomly and start a 'countdown' of beeps until the alarm will go off again for no apparent reason.
The first day that this happened, my mom and I were frantically running around trying to figure out how to disarm the stupid system before it went off. As fate would have it.......it was nap time for Zach and the alarm is right outside his bedroom door.
We were told that pressing number 7 should shut things down. Ha. Pressing number 7 worked for about 10 seconds and then things started over again. It's pretty hard to do anything when you are dashing back down the hall every few seconds to press 7 in fear of the eardrum splitting alarm that is imminent. So I had to ask for help.
ME: Joshy, I need you to stand on this chair and press 7 when you hear the beeps. Can you do that for me?
JOSH: Sure Mom!
ME: This is very important job! I don't want the alarm to go off and wake Zachers.
JOSH: I can do it, watch me!
And so I watch while he demonstrates. Then I run to make yet another phone call to the alarm company. As I am standing just around the corner waiting on hold, I hear my son talking to himself.
JOSH: This is my job! And it's really important! (quiet pause - then the sound of beeping and a button being pressed) Wow! I did it!! I LOVE this job!!!!
1 comment:
I love this post! What a proud little boy with a very important job!!!!
Post a Comment