Sunday, October 18, 2009

A Weekend of Parties and Fun

This is our sweet cousin Jackson! We got to help him celebrate his first birthday on Saturday night and it was lots of fun! In this first picture, Jack looks like he wasn't sure what was going on........
but as soon as he got his hands on his very own birthday cake - he knew exactly what to do!

Josh enjoyed the birthday cake too! Actually, he made sure he sat right next to where the cake was being served..........so that he could have seconds, I guess. Yes, he takes after his mom in the sweet tooth department. :)

Then after leaving Jackson's birthday party we got in on the last part of the 2009 ENE Harvest party. The kids loved the bounce house and they joined right in with all the other kids. We missed the plunger paddle races but Jessa got participate in a fun round of musical chairs. And of course there was plenty of candy and goodies too! This is the only picture we got - I think the photographer was tired!

I guess I don't really need to say how tired the kids were.....or just how 'sugared-up' they were!
We are bad parents and kept the kiddos up much later than decent folks should. Don and I were noticing that since moving back from Texas, our social life had really perked up. I think we squeeze more into a weekend than we did in a month when we lived far away from family. And I've noticed that nobody is complaining about having too much fun. We are sure glad to be back!

2 comments:

Eli said...

Oh, so much fun! I just tried to explain how awesome the harvest party is to my roommate here. I don't think she fully understands the fantastic fun involved.

The Reed Empire said...

Sounds like you had fun!