Wednesday, October 28, 2009

It's Time for the Great Pumpkin!!

The kids had a great time picking their pumpkin at the 4-H Pumpkin Patch. Jessa wanted to check out the corn field maze but it had been blown down by the big windstorm that had come through the week before. Oh well, there's always next year.
Josh's favorite part was the wagon. We walked all over that pumpkin patch and he helped to drag that wagon right along with us. When we were actually in the field looking for our special pumpkin, we had to leave the wagon on the dirt path. This seemed to worry him and he spent more of his time watching the wagon (so other kids wouldn't take it) instead of searching for a pumpkin like his big sister.
This will be Zachy's first Halloween and he seemed pretty casual about the whole outing. I certainly hope that he is just as easy going about his costume. I can't help it - I love doing the dress-up for the kids! He will be subjected to the full deal - including face paint.
And thank goodness that Zach liked the wagon ride too!! That kid is getting so heavy! I wish I could say that I have really awesome biceps from carrying him around but unfortunately my 'chicken arms' are shy about showing their strength.

1 comment:

ashley boom said...

I looooove these two pics of the kids at the Pumpkin patch!! Love you guys!