
The junior high had their first dance on Friday night. Jessa spent an hour getting ready and called her girlfriend (only once) to double check wardrobe plans.

I thought Don would really have a tough time with her going but he was excited for her. It was me, good ole mom, that had a difficult time letting her go. I kept thinking, "Can I really have a daughter who is old enough to go to a dance?"

Jess said she was really nervous but she really wanted to go. We all rode along to drop her off...and got to peek into the "cafegymatorium" to see her with her friends. Needless to say, she had a great time. She came home and reported to us that she had even danced two slow dances with some NICE boys from her class. Don was beaming and I could tell he was pretty proud. But my heart dropped when she said she had slow danced. Silly me......... I was so caught up in the fact that she was actually old enough to be going to the dance - I totally forgot about her dancing with boys!! LOL
2 comments:
Jessa, Jessa, Jessa.... Yiye! You are soo pretty!!! :) I'm so glad that you had a fun time at your first dance. It is hard to believe that you're in Jr. High already.
LOVE YOU!
-Auntie Ash
Wow! Jessa has changed from a sweet little girl into a beautiful(and still sweet) young lady. You and Don should be so proud!!
Post a Comment