Thursday, August 6, 2009

The Romantic

In the past few days there have been several moments of romance in my life. If you know anything about me, you will know that romance in my life is blog-worthy news!

Our family was headed home from Chico the other day and all three kiddos were in the backseat. We were passing a sign for a nursery that had beautiful, tall Black-Eyed Susan flowers blooming all around it. Joshua points and says with deep enthusiasm, "Look, beautiful flowers for Mommy!" And then he immediately says, "Oh - but I can't get 'em!!" (Just imagine his outstretched three year old hands waggling towards the passing flowers) I was so touched that he would automatically think of me when he saw beautiful flowers. It was one of those special moments that I will hold in my heart forever.

Then yesterday after a very busy morning of errands in town, I was driving home through Orland. I was pointing out different places to the kids. They are still getting adjusted to our new surroundings and I really think it helps them to be able to identify, recognize and feel familiar with our new hometown. So I pointed out the church as we were passing.

"There's the church." I said. Josh pipes up from his backseat booster chair. "That's where we get married." he says. "Yep, people get married at the church." I agree. He sighs deeply with great thought. "I gotta get married," he says as he shakes his head in concentration. "I gotta get a beautiful shirt and a flower and get married." Jessa and I grin secretly at each other. "So who are you going to marry?" I asked him. I was betting he would name one of his sweet girl cousins, or maybe Uncle Garrett's girlfriend, Leanne . "I'm going to marry YOU, Mom!" Josh smiles ear to ear in my rear view mirror and my heart melts. Every memory of morning sickness, sleepless nights and temper tantrums are erased. I can't believe how much I love this kid.

3 comments:

Alicia and James Cravenho said...

That is just too precious! Give that kid a big squeeze from me! Love you.

HarperHabitat said...

ahhh... can't get any better than that!

erica said...

So sweet. :) Thanks for sharing!