Saturday, February 14, 2009

Our Little Valentine -- One Week Old Already!

Time flies when you are breastfeeding and sleep-deprived! I can't believe that it's already been a week since this lil' guy's birth! During our first week with Baby Zach we have added many fun and special memories to our family:
** His first night home both Jessa and Josh had nightmares and ended up in bed with Daddy. So Mommy and Zachy spent the night on the couch!
** Learning how to juggle three kiddos is going to take some time! Don and I have had a few panic moments of being overwhelmed -- we were super thankful that my mom extended her stay and got us through the first few days of craziness!
** Joshy helped us find our first nickname for the new guy: Baby Z!
** We discovered that Jessa has the magic touch when it comes to putting Zachy to sleep!
** Mommy and Daddy learned the hard way that diaper changes in the dark don't work too well. Zach not only "messed" up the comforter, blanket and sheets on our bed - aiming from his changer table but also managed to soak everything on the changer too. Ugh. More laundry....

5 comments:

erica said...

Baby Z is absolutely darling. What a perfect little boy! Praise God for these wonderful little additions to our lives. :)

karenmarie said...

Heathere, it gets easier with the juggling of the three different schedules. I'm still juggling but I love every minute of it. Enjoy the days you have as they go by so quick.

I love the nick-name Josh gave Zack, its perfect. Cody did the same thing to Valerie as it was a hard name for him to say so Val became little momma, still sticks to this day.

Enjoy the baby days because we all know how fast they slip by. I love the new photo.

Sleep will come, just nap when you cam. Love to all.

Auntie Karen and crew.

HarperHabitat said...

That is the cutest Valentine I ever did see!

.. ..
. . .
. .
. .
.

ashley boom said...

What a sweetie! Welcome to the family, Baby Z! Happy Valentine's Day. Hugs and Loves!

ashley boom said...

Brookie, It's a good thing it didn't work for me to come visit this weekend. I was in bed with the stomach flu. Uhg. Glad I didn't give you more laundry to do. Sounds like Mr. Z is giving you enough laundry to keep you busy.