Perhaps it's my forever in-flux pregnant hormonal state. Perhaps it's a lack of sleep. But we don't have a short list of names together yet and I like to be prepared! This kiddo will show up and we will be calling it #3 for the rest of it's life! I am starting to become frustrated - just in case you haven't noticed.
So please - all ideas are welcome. Respond with names that you think would work well for our family. I really want the new baby's name to fit well with Jessa and Josh's names, even if it doesn't start with a 'J'.
Have you heard any "new" names recently? Any names that you think are "overused and tired"? What are some of the most unique names you've ever heard of? Any names with special and beautiful meanings?
If it was up to you.......what would you name our third kid?
Jessalyn Taya Elizabeth Reed
Joshua David Erick Reed
and
?????????????????????
14 comments:
I feel your pain. Although we aren't in as much as a time crunch as you, we haven't even begin to talk about baby names. Do you know the sex of your baby? Are you going to have more than three? If you are going to have no more than three you should name #3 a J-name so he/she doesn't feel "left out". Although... now that I think of it ... Matt is the only "non-E" in our family, and I'm pretty sure he doesn't mind. Okay, so scratch that last thought. We'll just stick to my first question - if you know the sex of little baby #3. :) Sorry that I'm rambling and that this is, like, the longest comment in blog history. I blame pregnancy. :)
Wow. Could that have been any LESS grammatically correct?! Again, I blame pregnancy. It has made me not smart. :)
Beth - so sorry! I should have specified that we DO NOT know the sex of the baby yet. And no - we are not having anymore. My motto is "Third time's the charm!" because I am D-O-N-E!! :)
I wondered too if the baby would feel left out from having a J name. Ashley said she never thought of it (there are two H's and two G's but only one A) but Jessa said she thinks the baby will feel left out.
This makes me feel a bit stuck. I actually LOVE the name Jemima for a girl (it's Hewbrew and means DOVE) but of course, Don hates it. And everyone says it makes them think of the syrup lady, Aunt Jemima. For a boy - I don't care for Jacob simply because it's so popular and Jason seems a little bit dated (hello 1980's).
So - I am rambling on again. But you see my problem! HELP!!!
Heather,
Don't stress over it, names are hard to think of. We let Katie help name Valerie and then Both kids helped pick out Cody's name. We were able to include the kids so they didn't feel left out as the new baby came.; we all know how jealously sets in as they are no longer the baby. I don't blame you with three being done, I'm complete with my crew as well. I would love to hear the names that the kids like, that might help people think and come up with suggestions. So how much longer until my niece or nephew is here? Love to all.
Karen
Okay...Here are some quick thoughts on J-Names - I don't know the meanings though...
Boys:
Jalen - he was a little boy I saw on tv. :) haha. He was super cute!
Girls:
Jovi - one of my preschoolers at GCC. Cutie-pie!
These two j-names are shorter than Jessalyn and Joshua.... maybe they'd be good middle names?
boy- Jaden
gIrl jacey
THIS IS BRIANS THOUGHTS BTW
Thought of another - and this time, I looked up the meaning. :)
(Brian, I like your thinking!!!)
Variants on the name Jadon: Jaden Jaiden, Jaidyn, Jaeden, ...
Meaning: Possible variant of the name Jadon, meaning "thankful" in Hebrew, or a variant of "Jade," meaning the precious stone.
(Cassie here) I really like Jaden, Jael (to ascend) or Joel (the Lord is willing) for a boy, but I really like the name Jianna (Jen-a is how I think you pronounce it)for a girl, it means Gods grace.
Well what ever you chose I cannot wait to meet him or her! God bless!
I knew a girl named Xuan (pronounced sun). I always thought her name was awesome. Very Vietnamese, but I've yet to meet another. Though, X is a far way off from J. But just think, if she were ever lined up in class in reverse alphabetical order by first name she'd be first in line! (A truly important factor to consider. I was never first in line with my E/P combination, no matter what the order was.)
On a more serious name note, I'm a big fan of Latin/Roman based names in general. Throw an "ius" or "eas" on the end of something and it's golden in my eyes. I know a Thaddeaus and a Thaddeus. (Speaking of which, the latter's parents let him help name his brother when he was 16... his little brother's middle name is Trident. Seriously.)
PS: I love you guys! Like, times infinity plus one! =]
I like pretty simple names (if you couldn't tell by our daughter's name) or old fashioned names. Like Jonathan for a boy. I do like the name Jemima and also really like Gemma/Jemma or Jenna. I guess those are pretty similar to Jessa, though. I'm sure whatever you choose will be wonderful!
Elissa - I used to baby sit for a family who named their first son Thaddeaus! They called him "Thadd" which was cool -- but the poor kid got teased all the time! They would call him "Fatteaus"; which was dumb in itself because he was bone-rail thin. But still........poor kid!
On a seperate note, I once knew a girl named Aja (pronounced like Asia) and she was so glamorous!! I have loved that name ever since! And Don is actually pretty heavily into the obscure Tolkien names lately. So who knows what this kiddo will end up being named.
Love you too!!! Thanks for the comments!!
No Don... Smeagle is not a good name......
But you could call him/her "my precious"! Just kidding!!
I can certainly relate! I have been completely stressed about babynames before! Especially when it was Will's "turn" to name the baby!
So here is my two cents:
Take the little baby home BEFORE you name! Now, the nurses may be annoyed and they will try their darndest to get you to sign the social security info but I tell ya.. doesnt taking a little baby home and admiring all the lovely qualities about him/her before you decide on a name sound so very sweet and romantic? Give yourself at least three days after he/she has arrived at your home before you decide to give the name? Then have a naming party with cake and ice cream for the siblings.
Anyway lots of cultures don't name babies until after the whole family/village has seen the new babe : D
~Amy
Post a Comment