Monday, September 15, 2008

Great Papa's Graduation Day

We are a happy through our tears here in Texas. Great Papa has finally made his Graduation Day and been called home to Heaven. I was so thankful to hear that all his five children were able to be with him at the time of his departure and many, many special family members and friends too!
I could write a book about what a wonderful guy our Papa is - but I think it's safe to simply say that Heaven is a happier place today. The Lord God sure blessed our family with an amazing patriarch to be a strong leader and prayer warrior. He lived is full 93 years for the glory of God. The effects of Papa's life have touched many people and have set the direction for our families for generations to come.
We love you Great Papa Call!!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

A joyous day, indeed! I lay awake last night imaging what Papa was experiencing. The way I pictured it: Jesus went to Nana and said "It's almost time" so Nana took Caleb by the hand and they ran to meet him. Upon his arrival, Jesus hugged him and said, "Well done, my good and faithful servant", and Nana planted a big kiss on his face. And true to Papa form, he said, "Dorothy! Right on front of Jesus?!"

I'm sure going to miss Papa, but I am so glad the finish line is so glorious!!

The Zone said...

Beth - this seriously made me laugh out loud!! I bet Papa would say something like that too!! I couldn't help thinking what Nana always said, "I just don't sleep well without my Papa by my side." and I felt reassured that she was resting easier now.
I was also wondering if Papa has the biggest garage in Heaven (for all his cars, parts, radios, gardening tools and wood working stuff)
And I couldn't help imagining him meeting up with parents, family and all the friends that have gone on before. I bet it was a terrific party!

The Reed Empire said...

Although I never knew him the way you all did, but the few times I was able to visit with him, was always tresured. He seemed like the type of "papa" everybody should have. Our prayers and hearts go out to the Neilsen family

erica said...

I'm so thankful to be 100% sure that Papa is happier today than he ever was while here... and he had some happy times here! I'm sure all of Heaven is rejoicing to have such a wonderful addition!