And just how did this little monkey get out of his cage? Well, he happily demonstrated his new trick and left mom and dad speachless. (I took the pics this morning - notice sunlight at the window)
Great. We knew this day was coming but we have not planned for it. We were living happily in our state of denial - until rudely informed by our son that "Joshua get out, Mom!"
If anyone has some ingenius ideas of entrapment - please share!! I'm currently working on a plan to rig an alarm to his pjs and doorway..........
5 comments:
Ahhh! We just finished with that problem. I think I spent about a month sitting in a chair by the doorway every night. I would wait for Dante to acrobat his way out of the crib and run for the hallway. Every time, I would pick him up and place him back in his crib and sit down in my chair to wait for the next attempt. After 6-12 attempts later he eventually realized I wasnt leaving and would finally fall sleep!
Well, he just got his new toddler bed, and lucky for us, he tends to stick at night... for now anyway : )
Good Luck!
I love this post!!! Looks like it's time for a big-boy-bed, huh!? What a fun time THAT will be! Maybe he'll do really well and love having his own big-boy bed and maybe, just maybe, you won't have any issues with that. :) Maybe ask Hil how she handled that with Hanne...? Both her girls sleep in the same room.... Hmmm, She's good!
Ha ha! He looks so pleased with himself! I have no bits of wisdom for you, so I'll let you figure something out and then pass it on to me in 2-3 years. :)
Just thought I'd update everyone - so far - so good. Josh is still in the crib at night and he has been staying put. When I tuck him in at bedtime, I remind him he is "Mommy's Biggest Helper" so he needs to stay in his crib and NO CLIMBING OUT. Then I try to stick close by until he has fallen asleep..... We will just have to wait and see how long this "Compliant and Obedient Child" routine will last. I'm sucking it up right now...... :)
Your lucky it took him this long to figure out how to get out. Katie had me chasing her at 9 months and by the time she was a year old we were sharing twin bunk beds at moms house. I guess the apple does not fall to far from the tree.
Good luck, it seems like it's almost time for a toddler bed for him, or you;ll be tired of standing guard all the time...hehe..enjoy as they grow up way to quick. You could be dealing with a teen driver instead, I think I'd have your problem any ole time.
Post a Comment