Monday, August 11, 2008

Baby Name Issues..........

Don and I are having some issues. Generally, marriage is great and we are the best of friends.....until we have to pick out baby names together!! So, you might have noticed by now the list of names in the polling box to the right of the blog template. These are DON'S choice of names.
I would like to state that, while I love and respect my husband, he is terrible at this one aspect of parenthood! If I let him have freedom to do whatever he wants - our kids would be named after weird muppet characters that he thought were "cute" when he was little. Or after some strange video game or movie that he thought was cool. (This includes CSI: Miami characters too) Or some dude he knew back in the Airforce who drove an awesome car.
After Don's name poll runs the cycle - it will be my turn to choose names to vote on. But please feel free to leave us comments and ideas and suggestions. We can use all the help we can get!!

4 comments:

ashley boom said...

Hmmm....I can't wait to see Brookie's choices. But these aren't bad, Don. I voted for my top 3. I Hope that doesn't mess up the system. I liked: Massey, Jonah, and Kali (or was it Kira.... not sure. Both are cute) GOOD LUCK!! Fun idea to have a poll!!

karenmarie said...

I love this, I miss you all so much. I have friends who have a daughter named Maisie too. Where in the world did Don get these names, there so old fashioned.

Are you guys going to find out what your having or will you wait to be surprised?

HarperHabitat said...

How funny! I do know how you feel Heather! It was Will's turn to name our sweet baby boy and I had to choose between Thor, Oskar, or Dante! LOL!!!

By the way, definitely Dartanian is my choice! Dart for short would be cool... except it does rhyme with that favorite verb of the 6-12year range : )

The Reed Empire said...

When I see the name Dartanian, i think of The Three Muskateers...

"Come Dartanian, we are saving the king!"