Tuesday, August 19, 2008

Split Lip but Still Smiling......

After a long rainy day in the house, we decided to take the kids over to the McDonald's with the indoor play area. Let me just say this: I HATE FAST FOOD. We hardly ever take the kids to McDonald's because the food is terrible and it makes me feel like a bad mom just walking in there. (Yes, I am opinionated about this - sorry - no offense to those who love it) But the play area is nice, fairly clean and air conditioned. And last night - we were the only ones there! Well after eating their junk-food dinner, the kids are busy playing in the tunnels and tubes and having a great time. I look at Don and think to myself "Ah, peace at last", but of course it was short-lived. There was an echo of tears coming from Tunnel Number Two and Jessa says "Mom, Joshy is bleeding!" To make a long and rather bloody story shorter: we headed home and and iced the lil' guy's lip. The tears didn't last too long.......he's a pretty tough kiddo. Big sister had some tears too and she even made him a get well card.
So mark it down folks - Joshy's first official split lip. And yet another reason that I hate McDonald's............

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Ooooh, I hate McDonald's, too. That is very sweet that Jessa cried with him and made a get well card. I can't believe how old Joshy looks in this picture!