
Perhaps, I'm in the wrong frame of mind to blogging at the moment. But as a mother of a two year old little boy - my (semi) serene little world has been shattered this afternoon. Nope - not a major head trauma and no trips to the ER. But a mom's mind always goes to "what could have happened". Don had just come home from work and we talking in the kitchen. Joshy was running around playing and then he starts asking for a bath. I told him "Okay, just wait a minute for Mom please" and of course he continues to run around, playing with his cars. Our conversation ends about five minutes later and I go in search of my son. Guess where I found him?? Naked, in the tub, with the water already running. There was only about an inch of water in the tub - but I panicked!! Don't be fooled - Daddy added the bubbles and took the cute photo as I was collecting myself in the other room. (too bad you can't have a shot of whiskey when you're prego) I am now locking all doors to bathrooms and we will have to use pass-keys. So let this NON-ACCIDENT be a warning to the rest of you moms out there.....never trust a smart kid!!
4 comments:
Oh no!! Good thing you went searching for him when you did. You should make him wear one of those "Turtle" bracelets that beep when they get wet! :)
Yikes! Well, at least he likes taking baths...
To be honest, I don't know if this would have made such a big impression on me - except for the fact that an 18 month old little boy drown in his bathtub in Houston less than 3 weeks ago. Same situation - the kid just climbed in and started the tub by himself. Beth, I've never heard of Turtle bracelets....I'm going to have to look into that! Thanks!
Yeah! They are made for pools, and they emit a loud sound when they get wet. You should have him wear it around the house! I don't blame you for being upset. It is one of those horrible "what if" situations.
Post a Comment