
Okay, I know that my mom and my sister, Ashley (the teacher), will especially enjoy this post. Joshy is totally enamoured with these books by David Shannon. He runs to his room for naptime because he knows I will read the "NO NO Books" for him, yet again. Let me repeat that: my two year old son will RUN to his room at naptime - just to hear these stories.

I keep catching him reading on his own time too. He loves both the books but I think his favorite is the first one, "No, David", for several reasons. The school details in the second book are a bit above his comprehension level right now and the original book depicts little David doing a lot of the same 'naughties' that Josh is currently into. This includes tracking mud into the house, splashing water out of the tub, breaking Mom's stuff and pushing a chair up to steal cookies from the cookie jar. (On a quick side note here, we don't actually have a cookie jar, but he knows which cupboard I hide the chocolate in. I've caught him pushing the chair over and trying to get into things on his own)

So tonight I found Josh and Daddy reading together. (Let me ask you, how can this not melt a mama's heart?) Joshy was so excited to share his story with his daddy .... he kept pointing out different things that he loves and then he says "No-No! Naughty boy!" and laughs. I think Josh is happy to know that he's not the only little guy that does the naughties and has to sit in the Time Out corner.
4 comments:
That is adorable!!! I love those books! I think you should frame the picture of Joshy & Daddy reading...and the one of joshy reading on his tractor. Love it! That is so precious!
Hey Ash, I meant to tell you about a book that Jess got from the library a while ago - can't remember the name now..oops! The whole book goes on about how Sarah Jane won't get out of bed on the first day of school - she's scared to go - and finally she gets to the school and is in the class and you find out that SHE (sarah jane) is the teacher!! It's a cute picture book - fun one for a teacher to read on the first day of school. Thought you might like it! :)
Too cute! I think it is great that Joshy is excited to take a nap just so he can have his favorite book read to him!
Love it!!
Post a Comment