Wednesday, June 18, 2008

Don's Latest Backyard Project

I love being married to a "Handy Guy"!! Don has been busy working on a new shelter for the dogs. They keep digging up the ground right next to the fence line so they can keep cool in the dirt. Great doggie-logic, I suppose, but not the exact look we wanted for our backyard! Plus, one big Texas downpour and we've got a yard full of mudpits for a week!! SO the plan is to build them this fancy new shelter, fence off the area they keep digging up....resod those spots and let them "heal" a bit. I guess time will tell if our idea works out.
(Did anyone notice the chicken wire around the tree? Our secret to keep dogs from digging up the tree mounds)

2 comments:

The Reed Empire said...

Perhaps Don needs his own show... step aside Bob Villa!!!!

The Zone said...

yep - move over Tim Taylor! Here comes Don Reed!! lol :)