Thursday, April 3, 2008

Sprinkler Season is Here Again.........

I don't have any pics to post with this blog entry, but I sure wish I did. Don was watering the front lawn the other day; busy getting the sprinklers set to work properly. Josh and I were loitering around, not particularly helping but just wanting to be outside. So the sprinklers are slooshing the lawn, the afternoon is warm and perfect, I can hear Jessa riding her bike with friends down the street and I am thinking life is pretty darn good.

At about this point, Joshy decides to investigate what Dad is doing.....he wanders to the nearest sprinkler head and squats down to stare at it intently. This is what he sees his daddy doing on the other side of the yard, so it must be an important-grown-up-boy thing. Not to mention, the trigger-action of a sprinkler head has to be rather mesmerizing to a two year old. I stand back and watch him, thinking that he will be completely wet soon and pondering the fact that he's already on his third clean outfit of the day. Ahhhh, my laundry pile grows again.

So, Josh is observing, without touching, and looking very thoughtful. Until the sprinkler blast gets him full in the face! Close up, full force and "right in the kisser". We have pretty strong water pressure and I figured he'd have some tears over this one. But he comes up spluttering, blinking away beads of water and a bit shocked by the coldness of it. Then a huge smile spreads across his face like it's suddenly Christmas morning and he screams in delight.

The next hour is spent watching Josh shriek through the spray. He would run and jump into it, bend over and put his face right into the sprinkler's line of fire and then run, following it's path.
When he needed a bit of a breather, he would hide around the back corner of the minivan and peek out, giggling at how the sprinkler wasn't able to get him in his secret spot!

Well, Spring 2008 is officially here and and I'm happy to report that life is pretty darn good in the Reed household!

No comments: