Saturday, March 29, 2008

The Newest Words in "Josh-ineese"


His vocabulary is growing and changing so fast that I just had to post a few fun words before I forget them!
Oh Mon!! = Oh Man!! (Josh ends up sounding like a little albino Jamacian )

Oh-Qween = Ice Cream

Oh-Corn = Pop Corn

Oh-Plane = Airplane

Icky = Neighbor kid named Ricky (i.e, "Look - Icky's ball, Mom!")

Shush = Flush (as in the toilet)

Ake You = Thank you - which he says on his own most of the time - no prompts from Mom!

He has always said "Nung-na" for Candy -- but since Easter he has been saying both words, so I suppose he figures they are interchangable.

And just the other day I realized he was calling me "Honey". He pats my leg and says in a tired voice "Oh Honey." It took me a moment to get it....for what he was saying to process. But he says it clearly and with such emotion that it is hard not to crack up. This phrase joins the infamous "Oh Mo - om" standby that Josh uses whenever I tell him to stop doing what he's doing. I thought he wouldn't start with that kind of backtalk until he was at least five.

No comments: