Just thought I should share this story because it's the perfect example of how my little guy can be such a BOY!
Yesterday Josh was playing in the backyard while I put some groceries away. He likes to wander and check everything out and the dogs tag along behind him for a while and then get bored and go lie down again.
I had the back door open and I could see him just fine. The groceries were finally all finished up and I headed out to see if he was ready for lunch. Josh was at the very back of the yard, standing next to one of the oak trees. He was holding onto the tree stake and kicking at something thoughtfully. I did a double take when I realized that his whole shoe was engulfed in Fire Ants and that he was methodically kicking over a jumbo sized ant hill!
So I do the only rational thing a good mom can do - I grabbed him and started slapping the ants off his shoe and pant leg. As I do this, I catch a good whiff of something nasty - - and quickly glance over to notice that his other foot is firmly planted in a fresh pile of doggie poo!
Long story short: Josh was screaming his head off because Mom had to drag him in the house, strip him down and hose him off. Thankfully he only got one Fire Ant bite!
1 comment:
You can repel fire ants with baby powder and kill them with aspartame - learn how to kill pests without killing yourself or the earth...... After 45 years in pest control, I have just finished re-writing my free IPM encyclopedia entitled: THE BEST CONTROL II, that contains over 2,800 safe and far more effective alternatives to pesticide POISONS. This latest copyrighted work is free and about 1,800 pages in length and is now being updated at my new website at http://www.stephentvedten.com/ . There is simply no need to POISON yourself or your family or to have any pest problems.
Stephen L. Tvedten
Post a Comment