Thursday, March 13, 2008

A Bunch of Sickies

Today I took both kids to the doctor. I didn't think they were doing all that badly but apparently both kids were worse off than I realized!
Jessa has been complaining of a sore throat in the mornings for the past few days. Since it fades as the morning goes on - I just figured it was allergies. Josh has had a bit of this too.
Well, yesterday when I picked her up from school she tells me that her throat feels raw and has been bothering her all day. But there is no fever, no cough or congestion, and she is acting fine.
Then after dinner Joshy goes outside to help feed the doggies. We don't really know what happened but he ended up with a bloody foot....looks like a cut/puncture wound/bite and the tough kid never even cried. But Don thought that he saw something in the wound so I knew we would need to get it checked.
So this morning we head out to visit our favorite Nurse Helen (originally from Sac, CA) and she informs us that Jessa has a raging sinus infection and that Josh's foot is infected. NICE.
A full 10 day round of antibiotics for each kid.
This afternoon, Jessa spiked a fever and Joshy was obviously uncomfortable with his foot.
Both kids slept (fitfully) for about 2.5 hours, then woke up for meds and juice. Jessa had a hot steam shower and Joshy soaked in a tub full of Epsom Salts.
Now Don is in bed, out cold. He said he felt fine when he got home from work - but it's 7:30pm and he's been asleep for over an hour. Poor man.
I feel like I'm running a hospital!!

No comments: