Tuesday, February 14, 2012

HAPPY BIRTHDAY BIG BOY ZACHERS!!!

Can you believe this kid is 3 now?! What happened and where did the time go? I made the mistake of telling referring to him last week as my baby. He got very upset and told me in his grumpiest voice, "I'm not a baby! I'm Zachers!!"
So I'm not the best photographer but this cake was super yummy!! Devil's Food with homemade vanilla cream cheese filling and milk chocolate frosting!! Zach requested the M&Ms.
All the boy asked for was candy and guns...... and he was pretty pleased to get his own candy!
Joshy was a big brother helper through the whole process. He narrated each gift opening and told Zach who gave him the present. Zach seemed pretty subdued but in all fairness, it was the end of a very long day. and Josh made up for any lack of emotion or excitement by bouncing all over the place.
This was a dart gun that Joshy picked out and wrapped up for his brother. I know, I know. I'm a sucker for my kids showing love to each other.........gets me every time.
Our big birthday dinner at Nana's house. Zach picked out spaghetti and applesauce - his favorite meal.
Josh was taking his cupcake eating very seriously. Grandma Debbie hosted a special birthday party at her house for Zach on the Saturday before his big day. The kids loved it and Zach was so proud that it was "HIS PARTY". He's been waiting for his since the onslaught of December/January birthdays.
Baby Em didn't get any cupcakes so she had to make due with the teether.
Another serious cupcake eater......Mr. Jack - such a cutie!
I have no idea how Zach stayed as clean as he did.....must be a big three year old trait.
Grandma Debbie knows how to spoil a boy! He loved his presents and all the attention. It was a long weekend of mini celebrations - so great to spread it out a bit. At nap time on his actual birthday, Zach stretched out on his bed and tucked his hands behind his head (his signature move since babyhood). He told me so casually, "Thank you for my birthday Mamma," in a sweet little boy voice.
Oh what a heart breaker...................I just want him to stay little like this forever!

1 comment:

Beth said...

Three already?! Ack! That means Lucy's next!!