Friday, January 6, 2012

JOSHY TURNS SIX!!!

Good Morning Birthday Boy! Can't believe he's already six!
Barely awake but ready to open presents! This maze ball has been a big hit - Josh is getting really fast with it and (why am I surprised?) is better at it than some of us adults.
Daddy and Zachers wanted to play with some of the presents too! Zach actually sang Happy Birthday to Josh - very cute!
This is a voice-changer-megaphone - - needless to say everyone (except Josh) was mad at Mom for this gift within the first fifteen minutes of the day! It's like living with a loud robot all the time.
In the evening we went to Uncle Garrett's for a family b-day party/Christmas Milk Shake-Movie party. There was a super yummy assortment of goodies and we did Loft House Iced Cookies instead of a birthday cake for Josh. I did make a cake earlier in the day. Then when I iced it, I thought maybe I should do some sprinkles on top to dress it up a bit. I found some sprinkles in a baggie.......they had been left over from a previous baking time. There was a tiny hole in the corner of the baggie and I assumed that someone had cut the corner for the ease of sprinkling it onto cakes, cookies, etc. So I sprinkled away...................decorated the cake so cute. UNTIL I realized that there were some mouse droppings in with the sprinkles. AAACCCKKKKKK!!!! YUCKY!!!! So I guess the snipped corner of the bag had actually been chewed open. I could have salvaged the cake and just re frosted it - but didn't have the stomach for that. So......that's the long story of why Joshy got cookies instead of a cake when he turned six.
Jessa was the official Shake-Maker girl! She did a great job!
Nana and Papa got Joshy a real watch. He's been asking for one for over a year now.
He was so impressed with himself - feeling very grown up. So now I hear phrases like "It's forty o'clock Mom." Or he will tell me it's time to go and point to his watch with a look of knowledge and superior authority. He's grown up now for sure. Got a real watch and everything!
He looks thoughtful in this pic, doesn't he? (Bet he's watching for mouse poopoos in the sprinkles)
This is one of those random family pics that totally didn't turn out like you thought it would. Ha! Kinda like everything else in life................. :) Just had to throw this one in........what a bunch of party animals we are! HAPPY SIXTH BIRTHDAY JOSHUA!!!!

1 comment:

Beth said...

Wow! Happy birthday, Joshy! (and, hilarious about the mouse droppings in the sprinkles)