Friday, August 19, 2011

Summer 2011

Joshy loves the water.......every summer it's the same. He's such a fish we have a hard time keeping him on dry land!
Jessa is my mermaid girlie. She loves the water too - but being a girl with long hair is a hassle when it comes to swimming. (She has to shampoo after each swim.) But she has enjoyed a lot of pool time this summer in spite of that - even a Jr/Sr High school swim party that was hosted here at Nana and Papa's pool!
We do lots of this.................summer snacking outside is the best!
Zachers is NOT a water baby. He only goes in the pool with his daddy. I took this picture just moments before he slid slowly (head first) into the pool. I'm still not even sure how it happened because he was so careful to hold on to the handles. Jess was right there and pulled him up. But now he wants nothing to do with floating on the Turtle.
So now he spends most of his time riding his trike around and then "directing" the swimmers.
There have been a few swim times with the uncles after work too! That's always fun!
And with uncles around, there are special pool priviledges involving stunts/acrobatics that moms usually don't allow. I don't think I need to even say that my kids LOVE it!

2 comments:

Jo-Anne said...

I have so been in Jessa's shoes with the long hair and swimming pools. But it's worth it. =) My daughter loooves to swim too. We usually get out onto the lake at her Nana and Papa's house a couple times in the summer and it's like pulling teeth to get her out.

Beth said...

Love the new pictures, Heather! Looks like you are all having a great summer!