Friday, August 19, 2011

An Official House Update!

Our garage with beautiful cedar shingles! Love, love, love these!!
Our back porch - someday the site of many glasses of iced tea or lemonade! I can't wait for pots of flowers and a cute bistro table!
Don playing in the dirt and getting some work done.
Uncle Stephen donated his time to entertain boys on a Saturday afternoon when he got off work. What a great guy! This is the only way I can get some painting done - my boys don't like to stay in one spot. (Did you notice Zach keeping a close eye on his daddy with the scooper?)
Josh being a loud-mouth...............some things just come natural!
These pictures were taken a while back but you can get the idea. (We have sheet rock up now - Yay!) This is taken from the doorway of Zacher and Joshy's room. The window to the right faces out to the front porch. This room will stay nice and cool all summer because it is shaded by the big tree in front.
This is from the doorway into Jessa's room. You can see her French door out to the back porch and I love her windows! They face East and South East so she will get the beautiful sunrise!
(You can see one of the Bible verses we wrote on the studs if you look to the very left of the picture.)
View into the Master bedroom. I think I will really, really love the angles and the vaulted ceiling in here. It gives it so much character and keeps it from feeling too small and boxy. It's not a big room by any means - but perfect for us.
This is the view from the living room looking into the breakfast nook and the mudroom beyond.
Front entryway with dining room to the right.
View from the breakfast nook into the living room. Jessa's bedroom is behind to the left, a bathroom in between and the boy's room to the right.
This is the back of the house......viewed from the orchard row that will be pulled after harvest is over. I can't wait to get working on the yard and put in lots of pretty trees! If anyone has suggestions of the landscaping sort......please let me know!

5 comments:

Jo-Anne said...

The house is looking so fantastic. I'm super jealous of your back porch and vaulted ceilings in the master bedroom. It's all going to be so beautiful. I wish I could help with the landscaping, but my thumbs are about as far from green as they can get lol. =)

Beth said...

Wow! It is looking beautiful! I can't wait to see it all finished!

Alicia and James Cravenho said...

So excited for you guys to have a your own space again. The house is looking great. Love the updates. I love you bunches!!

Beth said...

Update! Update! Update! <3

Unknown said...

this is josh, from all these posts, i am no 13 years old, going into 8th grade, as my sister said " one more year then highschool"!!!!!!!!!!!!!!