Sunday, April 11, 2010

Easter 2010

Happy Easter to everyone! Sorry that this posting is a week late but it's better than nothing, right? I figured I'd start the day with the "clean and dressed up shot" because I know better than to think my kiddos will stay this way. Don had to work Easter Sunday so we did baskets for the kids super early. I think it's the only time in history that parents have had to wake the kids to come find their baskets..........but we didn't want Daddy to miss out on all the fun.
I think this is one of the best cousin shots ever! And it was totally unplanned and not staged; I swear! All I did was say "Hey!! Look at me and smile!!" Joshy didn't quite get a smile but at least he didn't turn his head away like usual. We had a wonderful day full of family and food (tons of food!!) So great to see everyone from the Sacramento area and get caught up! Well- I did end up feeling like I had missed a major portion of the visiting (because of chasing kids all day) but I grabbed the hugs when I could!
This is what we call "Hang Time" with Papa Erick. Zachy must think he's a part monkey; he loves doing this!

I don't know why I was worried....Zach figured out how to find the eggs quite easily. But he took his time with each egg to inspect it and pry it open and taste the candies. Out of the 350+ eggs, I think he only found about 6 or 7.
Josh had tons of fun hunting eggs with the cousins. Too bad it rained the whole day, but we still managed to hide over 350 plastic candy filled eggs in the game room!

We were all on quite the sugar high! Anybody notice Zachers face? He's no dummy...he knows exactly what Easter eggs are all about!
Jessa and Leanne spent some quality piano time together. And now Jessa
is considering taking some lessons this summer! And Don got home from work in time to enjoy a few of the family festivities...

2 comments:

The Reed Empire said...

CHUG!!! CHUG!!

Beth Crail said...

Looks like a great Easter! 350+ eggs?? I'm impressed!