Wednesday, November 11, 2009

Zachers Surgery


The night before surgery we all went to Olive Garden to have some dinner, and Zachers was happy playing with his car and making vroom vroom sounds!



This was at 9:am on monday morning 30 min before they took him. He had no idea what was about to be done. He was not allowed to eat anything for 4 hours or so and he was not happy and fell asleep at 9:30am right when they took him. The last thing he saw was mommy holding him so that was a good thing.



Zach in the OR post op recovery room. This was 5 hours later right after surgery. He doesnt have much swelling yet. They had to switch around his forehead part of the skull and then use bone shards to build up his eye brow bone.


This is later monday night as he is staring to swell up. He will continue to swell up until he peeks on wednesday.



Tuesday morning and now his eyes are swollen shut. He can not open them to see anything, and that makes him a little frustrated. He has been sleeping most of the time, since he is on morphine.


Its Wednesday morning now and he should have peeked now with the swelling so tomarrow we should see the swelling go down a bit. We might get to go home on Friday. Mommy has not left his side for 3 days now.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Poor sweet little Zachers. It looks like he is doing well, despite the swelling. It must be awfully hard to see your baby like that. :( I hope you and Don are holding up well. I'm so glad the surgery is over and you all can focus on life getting back to normal.

SURE LOVE YOU!

Sorry this is a dumb comment, but I don't really know what to say except that I love you all SO much.

-Beth

erica said...

That just breaks my heart to see him so swollen. :( We will sure be praying that he continues to heal and that the swelling continues to decrease. We're also praying for you and Don. We love you all sooo much!!!

HarperHabitat said...

I am praying that Zachers has a smooth and fast recovery. I can't imagine what you, Don & Zach are going through... you all are very strong. Thank you for keeping us updated on your blog. I've been worrying about that lil guy. So glad to see he looks like he is taking it as good as a brave child could possibly take it. ~ Amy & family