Monday, October 5, 2009

CT Scan

Just a quick update so everyone knows what the plan is. Tomorrow (Tuesday) we will go down to Sutter Memorial in Sacramento so that Zach can have the CT Scan of his brain done. The actual scan process is only about 6-10 minutes but because he is so little - we will have to have him sedated. This means following the whole surgery prep (no food/drink) to be ready for the procedure.
As silly as it sounds, this is going to be a big deal. With all my kiddos, I have followed the breastfeeding-on-demand type of schedule. And my boys especially have always nursed for comfort. So not only can I not nurse Zach to satisfy his hunger, but it is essentially like being told that I can't comfort him. I am praying that he is able to sleep through most of the time that he will not be able to eat.
Please pray that God will guide the hands of the pediatric anesthesiologist that works with Zach. We are anxious about having him being put under and all the risks that go along with that.
After the scan, we will go directly to the surgeon's office to hear the scan results. I'm so thankful that we don't have to wait another week and then make another trip.

2 comments:

erica said...

Praying that things went very, very well. As a fellow nurser on demand type of mom, I can sure feel your pain. Hope that part went a lot better than expected. I sure love you, Heather!!!!

ashley boom said...

I heard from mom that Zachers didn't need the anesthetic! Is that right? WOW! So glad that it went well!! Can't wait to hear what other miracles God will provide.

LOVES!

-ASH & NATE