Friday, September 11, 2009

Nothing New

I feel a bit guilty for not updating our blog as much as usual. But to be honest, things continue to stay busy busy busy here and our camera is on the fritz. (Excuses, excuses.)
So here is a brief overview for the interested parties:
** Jessa continues to like school, love choir, and bring home work that mom and dad are having to really think hard to help her with. Nothing like 6th grade homework to make you feel old and dumb! Last weekend, she caught an end-of-summer cold that she shared with her brothers.
**Josh waits patiently everyday to be able to take his Ranger ride with Papa Erick. (That is still the best part of his day.) But he has also decided that riding bikes/tractors/cars in the shop is pretty fun too. And the potty training....well......I guess we are on a break. I got tired of doing endless laundry because of poopy pants. The back laundry porch was starting to reek!
** Zach is growing too fast and has been dealing with some nasty teething. He even went one entire day without sleeping (8am till 11pm) and trust me, it was not fun! And he also continues to be the serious guy in the family. Uncle Gavin and Papa Erick did a hysterical dance just to get a smile from him. Nothing. Not even a hint of a grin. Ahh well. But in his defense, I don't feel like smiling when my teeth hurt!
** Don has been spending lots of time working with Garrett on the jeeps/cars/trucks and also helping with things at the cabin. He is currently on a two days at the cabin, one night home routine. We are missing him -- but I know he's enjoying himself.
** I feel like I spend quite a lot of time breastfeeding a vampire-child, cleaning up after Joshy's potty-training efforts and stumbling through being a parent of a preteen. Right now I keep telling myself to enjoy the moment because it won't last. But after being chewed on and pooped on.....I can't feel too upset about moving on to the next stages. :)

2 comments:

Unknown said...

LOL!!! ...chewed on and pooped on... love the update!
I too have been terrible about updating. I've been spending too much time on facebook... but nothing compares to good ole blogging. Happy to hear you and the kids are having fun!

Amy (signed in as Chloe)

The Reed Empire said...

Sounds like my day at work... except I get paid for it...lol