Thursday, May 21, 2009

What I Did This Morning

Josh screams from his bed. I hear him through the baby monitior. Must be bad dreams again. This wakes Baby Zach - he cries. Don gets Joshy and brings him to our bed. I change Zachy's diaper. Josh cuddles while I nurse Zachy and watch the sunrise from our windows. Joshy is sounding very chest congested. Note to self to make doctor's appointment for him because it's a holiday weekend (of course).
Time to wake Jessa, check email, daily weather reports and CNN. Make coffee, start breakfast.
Josh has a peepee accident on the padded dining room chair while eating breakfast. Zach fusses in his walker seat. I change Josh and clean him up. Clean up peepee chair. Administer cough meds to Joshy. Change Zachers again. Clean up breakfast. Help Jessa with wardrobe issues. Help Joshy get going on his preschool workbook with his crayons. Start a load of laundry, start a load in the dishwasher. Can't find Jessa's lunch box - ahh, it's still in her backpack with yesterday's lunch remains. Yuck. Baby Zach cries - change him again and bounce on hip. Tell Jessa to clean out lunch box and ask Joshy to pick up blue crayon from the floor. Packing Jessa's lunch and realize that Josh is coloring on the Berber carpet. Treat carpet with stain remover and speak sternly to naughty son. Administer Tums to Jessa for her tummy ache. Put new toys in front of Zachy in walker to keep him entertained. Make Jessa's lunch and pack it up while Don uses carpet steam cleaner on crayon stains. Send Jessa out the door (with hugs and kisses, of course) for the bus and open windows because it's so nice out today. Notice Info sheets on the For Sale sign are all gone and ask husband to refill. Vacuum floor while Joshy pulls tug-of-war style on the vacuum cord. Zach cries again........time to nurse him. What time is it?? Only 7:45am? Where's my coffee? Oh, it's cold now. Never mind. I eat a cookie and sit down to blog while I nurse my son.
This is the day that the Lord has made -- Happy Thursday everyone!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh. My. Goodness. I have no other words. :)

ashley boom said...

OH BOY! (When I first tried to type that phrase, my fingers hit the keys: Oi Bot! It kind of Swedish doesn't it?!) :) haha

The Reed Empire said...

Boy...what I get to look forward to!!!