
Nana brought some fun presents for the kiddos - ENE hats and some cool books!
Joshy couldn't get enough of the "How Things Work Book" and he kept on and on with the questions........"What's
dat?" ......... and listened intently as Nana read to him about how gears work, how zippers can zip and what levers can do. He will be the smartest boy in preschool!

We went to visit Jessa at her school but of course, little brothers aren't great at sitting still. So Mom took Josh for a walk in the hall and Jess got Nana all to herself.

This picture is out of sequence but I had to post it for obvious reasons. Jess is the "Cookie Dough Monster" around our house.

Making cookies with Nana was a big highlight of her visit. Jessa worked the mixer and Nana helped Josh put in the
ingredients. We all had to cringe when he tried to eat the baking soda from the spoon - ugh!

Everything white and semi-smooth or powdery (flour, salt) is SUGAR to Josh. He kept trying to get some tastes.

He cornered Nana many, many times and had her read the "How Things Work" book.

Jessa got to sneak out on a quick shopping trip with "the girls" on a school night! She is showing off her new shoes!! And (the ever cunning bargain shopper ) Nana got new shoes too!

Nana took over handling the homework with Jessa each night and it was wonderful! Wonderful for the two of them, wonderful for me (so I could do other things) and just so sweet to watch!

We couldn't help ourselves - we hit this book sale TWICE!! Nana found stacks of books, I found stacks of books and Jessa found stacks of books!! It was so much fun! Don actually called us wondering where we were ............ we lost track of time and had gotten "lost" among the bookshelves!

A special
Ritter's Custard treat with Nana!!! Yummy!!
Joshy showing off his ENE cap and looking very "Safari-
ish" next to the potted palm with his gun.

ENE boys have to take care of all the bad guys and protect Nana!

My sweet mama and me!! I realized that although we had spent hours and hours visiting and talking and cooking and shopping - I didn't have any pics with my mom! So I made Don take this one right before we left for the airport!
4 comments:
Love it Love it Love it! I cannot wait until it's my turn to come visit you all. It's so precious to see the pictures of mom with her kids and grandkids! What great parents we have. I konw dad missed visiting with you all too... but he is probably happy to have his wife back home. :) Thanks for taking and posting pics of mom's visit. I am counting down the days .... November is coming quickly! Wahooo!!
How fun! That's so great that she got to visit! It was always the best treat in the world when family would visit us in San Diego!
I'm so glad your mom got to visit! Family is sure wonderful to have around! In that last picture of you and your mom, I can't really see your tummy, but your face and arms look great!! :)
Hey you Heather! It is so much fun seeing what you guys are up to... looks like we both had family visits at the same time! It is such a treat when family comes to visit!
Joshy and Dante would be great buds if they lived near. Dante has a great big book of fighter planes that he just oohs & ahhhs over... it is hilarious how these little boys love to be boys!
Post a Comment