Thursday, October 30, 2008

The Carving the Jack O'Lantern

This is a much awaited day for us Reed's! Amazing how much fun it can be to slice into a veggie, huh? Well - we are supposed to take joy in the little things in life, right?
Jessa was the designer, Don was the expert knife handler, and Josh was the supervisor. I, as always, was the photographer.

Had to post this pic - just to document this rare moment in history. My two year old son is sitting quietly, hands folded and is watching - not touching. This may never happen again!

Jessa took care of the "gutting" and had lots of fun. She tried to get Joshy to help but his comment was "No, Yucky Punkin!" She ooooed and aahhhhed over the wonderful smell and said the slimy seeds felt cool. She even cleaned up afterwards. Yay!!

She is showing off the super clean inside of the Jack O'Lantern.........never had a cleaner one!

The finished product!! Our spiffy pumpkin looking happy and not at all scary this year.

Joshy's favorite part of the Halloween prep was the candy bowls. In hindsight, I should have waited until tomorrow afternoon to get these ready.............oh well. It will be a long 24 hours of candy torture. (I've already caught him three times pulling a chair up to the high counter where I set the bowl)

2 comments:

The Reed Empire said...

Wow! What a great pumpkin! Jess as always does the best! And I agree with Joshy "yucky punpkin! Love you and miss you!

Anonymous said...

Great job on the pumpkin! We are hoping to get lots of Trick-or-Treaters tomorrow night. I love seeing kids all dressed up!