We have been getting lots of worried phone calls and emails from family and friends wondering what's going on with this hurricane! Well everyone, we are in the "Cone of Uncertainty" right now, as our favorite weatherman likes to say. It does look as if Ike will come our direction but we are about 60 miles inland so please don't panic and think that we are a stone's throw to the Gulf itself.
The info we have received from our veteran neighbors is simply this: just stay home. Most Texans have what they like to call a "Hurricane Party" which is code for lots of food, tv and visiting.
So our cupboards are stocked, we have our supply of bottled water and I've got a lot of fresh baked goodies, hot out of the oven. Don just finished securing our baby trees in the back yard. All that I have to do is take down my decorative bird feeder in the front yard. Jessa doesn't have school tomorrow (she's pretty happy about that) on account of the weather - so I guess we are ready for our first official Texas Hurricane Party! Everyone's invited so come on over!!
3 comments:
Thanks for the update! I've been thinking about you guys a lot since I read it was headed toward Galveston. I know you guys went there on your mini vacation, so I was hoping you weren't too close. Please keep us updated! We're praying for you!
We would love to come for a Weather Party! I bet all my first-graders would love to come too. They've just learned all about Hurricanes, Tornadoes, Blizzards, and other weather related things. They get very enthusiastic about the storms especially! I love you all and am so glad to hear that you are going to stay snug and safe at home. We're praying too. Thanks for keeping us posted.
HUGS!
My two cents about the new Baby Name Poll - I wanted to vote for more than one name. So i'll just tell you what i would have voted for, if i could choose more than one.
For girls - I liked both Eden and Jaycie. Boys - I voted Zayden! Like that name a lot. It's unique!
Post a Comment