Hey Everyone!! We are loving all the responses we've gotten and Don likes to check the blog daily to see how his name poll is coming along! After reading the comments section on that particular entry, I wanted to update you all and let you in on some "insider" info. Don is at work right now -- read fast because he might delete this entry when he gets home! LOL
I think there are several reasons why Don likes the name Dartanian. 1.) Yes, Brian, he liked the movie and 2.) the guy in the Air Force with the really cool car was called Dar.
With each baby, Donny has tried to convince me that we should name a boy "Dar". He does his best to suggest that this is a manly and intelligent name. That it is macho and strong and very, very cool. Uh huh. I think it sounds like and unfinished word or the lovely slang term, "Duh". Just my humble opinion. (However, Amy, I'd agree that the nickname Dart would be fun - minus the before mentioned pitfalls)
Also, the name Massey that he listed was intended for a BOY (as in Massey-Ferguson Tractors) and I think people are mistaking it for Macey for a GIRL. But I happen to love the name Macey, Macie or Maisie for a girl - very cute!! So hahaha - I think that one backfired on Don. :)
Thanks everyone for the responses! It's fun to feel that others have an interest too! We love all the comments and suggestions, keep them coming!
5 comments:
You two are so funny! Maybe I should put something like this up on our blog because Chris and I are having some similar issues... :) Are you starting to feel any better yet??
Erica,
You should definately post something about naming if you want too......we've been having so much fun with it!
It's good to have a thick skin though - if there is a name you absolutely love - and maybe it gets a negative reaction....
No one in Don's family liked any of my names that I suggested when I was pregnant with Jessa. We ended up deciding at the hospital when she was two days old and we used names that we hadn't mentioned to family so it was simply a surprise all the way around. (Hilary and Anthony did that with Lena and Hanne too)
I'm with Don on the Dartanian front. I think Dartanian is my favorite name on the list and that Dar would be a great shortened version. If Don enjoys the film, I recommend the book. (The only problem with it is that I will forever picture Charlie Sheen as Aramis.)
Are you into any international names at all? I've always loved Swedish names... but that might be because I'm a Swedish patriot underneath my pale American skin.
PS: Hello! This is my first comment on your blog. It's ever so exciting! =]
Elissa! Hello!! So happy to see your little comment my sweet cousin! I didn't know you read our blog - it was a wonderful surprise! I do love your idea about Swedish names - Guntar for a boy is one of my favs. Hilary's girls are traditional Swedish names, didn't know if you knew that...Give me some names of the English Rockers you are into...I'm always open for suggestions!
Love you! xoxoxox
Haha, English rockers? Most have fairly typical names: Charlie, Robbie, Tom. Ainslie is a stand-out, though. There's also Darius, Aria, and Cyrus (all Persian kings). I just had a discussion with my roommate in which she admitted to trying to convince a friend to name her child Topanga. I don't know your opinion on the name, but it sounds like something you'd order at Jamba Juice to me. "I'd like one original Mango-a-go-go, and one sixteen ounce Topanga, please."
Post a Comment