Thursday, July 17, 2008

Scaredy Cat


Josh is terrified of thunder. Yesterday we had a pretty good thundershower and he grabbed my hand and dragged me into the bedroom.....climbed up and hid under the blankets! He kept listening for more thunder.....then he'd wince when he heard it, and then he'd laugh at himself after it was done. I kept telling him it was just a "little thunder" so he started calling the smaller rolls of thunder "Little Guys". lol :)
Jessa has never been scared of storms, so this is a new experience for us in the parenting department. And living in Texas - thunder can be a daily occurance!

3 comments:

ashley boom said...

I was always amazed at the sound of thunder.... I usually enjoy the sound of a thunder storm! :) Haha. Poor kiddo. It's hilarious that he would laugh at himself after it was over! Too cute. :) Love you all!

erica said...

Sounds like he's a pretty tough little kiddo if he can laugh at himself for getting nervous! I STILL get nervous about storms sometimes!

The Zone said...

Jessa and I love storms - love the thunder and lightning and rain. SO it's weird to see Josh get nervous about it....if he's in a different room when the storm hits...he freaks out and comes running to find me. I'd have to admit I love it when he cuddles up to me though! :)