Tuesday, April 29, 2008

Hello 80's Hair!!!

Ookaaayyy. This is a girlie post. My story goes like this.....Once upon a time, Heather was having a bad hair day. It had actually been a bad hair MONTH. The weather is starting to get warmer and the humidity is climbing. I have been feeling a bit like a long-haired Kitty fresh out of the bath....not a good look for any girl.
After having a whine session with my friend the other night, I decided I'd had enough and something needed to change. So I went to the salon and on a whim - got a PERM! Aaaauurrgh!!
Yes, visions of the spiral perms and broccoli bangs of the 80's went through my head like a bad movie as I sat in the smelly chemical mess of wet perm rods. What had I done?! The stylist reassured me this was a "BODY WAVE" and that everything would be fine. I'm on day two now - being thankful my hair wasn't chemically fried to mush and enduring the leftover smell of perm solution. Tomorrow is my shampoo day. Time will tell if this new look is a keeper.....I am consoling myself with the fact I can always borrow Jessa's flat iron if the worst happens. NO PICTURES will be posted until I can come to grips with what I have done. (I plead hormonal insanity)

2 comments:

ashley boom said...

Soooo.... How do you like your new hair!?! I want a REAL picture of you to be posted now! :) It's about time.... you and your hubby! :)

Hehe. LOVE You sister!!

HarperHabitat said...

You are such a great writer and oh, so funny. Love to read em... keep em coming.
Amy